Description: Description: E:\ac\Web\Images\Banner.jpg

 

 

Home

 

Baby House

 

Babies were often left at the Convent gate in baskets or just wrapped in blankets. They would be fed, clothed and looked after by the Sisters until the age of six, then they would be moved into the orphanage. These babies were housed in what came to be known as the 'Baby House'.


Description: E:\ac\Web\Images\Baby House1.jpg

 

In 1947, the Resident Commissioner, Mr. S. N. King, officially opened the new Baby House built on the same grounds that were bombed by the Japanese. Today the Baby House has been turned into the Kindergarten.

 

Description: E:\ac\Web\Images\Baby House2.jpg

 

The Diary of CLS

Reverend Mother de Faudoas

The First Journey

The Second Journey

Government House

The Well

First Class Borders

Second Class Borders

Orphans

Orphans in the E-Wing

Baby House

The Abbey Boys

The Sisters